A New Beginning
Do you feel ready for a new beginning? Do you feel like you’re really ready to take your health and fitness to the next level? Have you felt this way before but then didn’t follow through? Don’t worry, you’re not alone and that’s why I’m here! My goal is to motivate you to reach your goals!
Why Things Haven’t Worked
It’s time to move forward but in order to move forward you need to look back at why things didn’t work out in the past – you gotta fail forward!
· Impatience. Fitness doesn’t come fast and that’s just a fact. People have a really hard time with that because we live in a society that is used to instant gratification. It doesn’t matter how many infomercials you watch that promise you a 6 pack in 6 weeks, it’s just not going to happen. If you gave up in the past because results didn’t happen fast enough, get ready for a little attitude adjustment! You need to fall in love with the process, celebrate the small changes and just be patient.
· No plan. You have to have a plan. You can’t just say ‘I wanna get fit’ and expect it to just happen. If you don’t have a plan, you won’t start eating healthy, you won’t increase your water intake, you won’t get enough sleep each night and you won’t stick with an exercise routine. Believe me! I’ve had this happen to me and I’ve seen it happen to others. You need to think about how your life is going to look and then make sure you have the tools you need such as healthy food, a reasonable bed time and a workout regime that’s effective and personalized to your goals.
· No Support. You need support! This can be really tough if your partner isn’t on board with you so you may have to look elsewhere for support. This could be a workout buddy, or an online support group, a friend you can talk to every day or a trainer/coach. Without support most people will give up when the going gets tough so make sure you have someone for support – I’m available ;)
Your New Beginning!
Decide you’re going to do this and just jump in! Don’t worry about the past! In fact use that disappointment in your past efforts that failed to fuel your determination to be successful.
Here are some tips to help you out.
1. Don’t over think what you have to do.
This is where patience and courage comes in. Decide what steps you need to take right now to get you closer to your goal and do them. Don’t think beyond right now just do what you need to do to move forward. That could be cleaning out any junk food you have at home and shopping for some healthy food. Or maybe pick out your workout plan and go do your first workout. That first step is what’s going to start the momentum. This is a process and staying consistent to the process is what will guarantee success.
2. Write out your plan.
Write down what foods you’ll be eating and ensure you have access to those foods – do you have a small cooler you can pack your food in to take with you? What workouts you’ll be doing and at what time? How much water are you going to drink? What time will you be going to bed at night so you can get about 7 hours of sleep? You could do this at the beginning of each day or write down your entire week’s plan every Sunday. Do this until your new lifestyle becomes natural and automatic.
3. Make yourself accountable.
If you have nothing in place to hold you accountable chances are you’ll find an excuse to give up. Here’s a cold hard fact: getting fit is not easy. If it were we wouldn’t have an obesity epidemic right now. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it! In order to make sure you succeed this time, set up some accountability. Accountability can come from a few friends who are making a new beginning with you, a fitness instructor/trainer, your social media friends or an online support group.
Motivation comes and goes. We all lose motivation sometimes. The people in your support system will be genuinely interested in how you are doing and will want to help you keep your motivation. They’ll support you 100% and they’ll expect you to tell them how you’re doing. They’re not going to let you quit! They’ll come after you if you start slacking.
Are you ready for this? If you are leave a comment below and if you need me to be your accountability partner let me know and I’ll get in touch with you.