Saturday, July 25, 2015

Quadzilla

Mount Baker 2014
                           
I admit it.  I was one of those women who so badly wanted the coveted 'thigh gap'.  For anyone who's not familiar with this term it's the gap you have (or don't have) between your thighs when you stand with your feet together.  To have a 'thigh gap' meant you were thin enough to be acceptable.....CRAZY right????  Who thinks this stuff up?  And why is it that we believe it and therefore need to have it??  It's actually really sad because it's things like this that make girls and women hate their bodies and become very unhealthy physically and/or mentally.

Well, I'm proud to say that I now accept the fact that I will never have a 'thigh gap' and being called 'Quadzilla' no longer makes me want to cry ;)

What kind of body image issues have you overcome?  Or maybe you haven't overcome them and would like to discuss that?  Or maybe you know a good place to buy jeans that fit ladies with muscular legs......Please share your comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment