Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I'm Quadzilla and I'm Okay With That :)


It took me a lot of years to truly embrace my muscular legs.  Quadzilla just doesn’t sound like a very flattering nick name for a woman when media bombards us with messages that women need to be petite in order to be feminine.  At some point I was finally able to accept my muscular legs and truly appreciate all the great things they can do.
 
I still feel super insecure (and annoyed) when a woman tells me she read an article and doesn’t want to start spinning because she doesn’t want her legs to get big – does she find my muscular legs that unappealing??  Is she afraid she’s going to end up like me??  Spinning/indoor cycling will not make your legs big.  Spinning/indoor cycling will sculpt your legs and make them stronger not to mention all the benefits to your cardiovascular system!  As long as your nutrition is healthy and you’re burning the same or more than you’re taking in you will not get ‘big’.  

And that concludes today’s rant so get out there, enjoy your sport/activity and never doubt yourself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment