Monday, August 15, 2011

The Power of Women

I went to The Power of Women seminar on Friday.  It was an all day seminar and the speakers included Suzanne Somers (very informative regarding aging), Courtenay Wolfe, Loretta LaRoche (hilarious!), Leigh Ann Tuohy (very inspirational), Amilya Antonetti (very motivational), Marlee Matlin (also VERY inspirational), Jessica Holmes (sooooo funny) and Ellen DeGeneres (LOVE her!).

I came away with some new found inspiration and made a new friend while I was there, but I was disappointed by how much I paid for my ticket.  I bought the VIP ticket thinking that at the VIP lunch we'd get a chance to meet the speakers, but that wasn't the case.  With tax I paid over $500 for my ticket so I was kind of expecting a bit more.  Some people did get to meet Ellen and get their picture taken with her - they were the Emerald people and they paid $1600 (before taxes) for their ticket! 

It really was a very inspiring afternoon and I don't regret going, but I definitely would not pay that much for it again if it came back to Vancouver.  I guess most fun things in Vancouver are greatly over-priced so I should be used to it, but it's still disappointing when you spend that kind of money and don't feel you got your money's worth.

What's the latest thing you felt you spent too much on?

No comments:

Post a Comment