Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Studio

I'm in the process of setting up a studio.  It's not going to be your typical fitness studio where you go to workout and that's it.  My studio is going to be a place where people will actually learn how to take care of their health through exercise and nutrition - a sort of self improvement course.  Of course there will be weight loss if that's a goal, but that'll just be a nice bonus.  People who come to my studio will finally find out what foods they should actually be eating and when to eat them, how to set proper goals, how to stay on track when motivation starts to slip and what kinds of exercises work the best - and they're going to have a blast doing it.  It'll be like a little community of healthy, happy people!

That's not going to be it though - listen up aspiring fitness professionals!  I'm going to offer programs that will teach you how to teach a great class, how to engage your clients and how to keep them coming back for more.  You'll get to practice your routines in a studio environment until you're totally comfortable with it and then go out and teach at your gym of choice.  When I first started out the only way to practice my 'craft' was to convince a gym to hire me even though I had no experience (not an easy feat) and then get up in front of a large crowd of people who are expecting a great workout and have no patience for a newbie who seems nervous - it can be a cruel world out there!  Once you've taken my program you'll have the confidence to walk into any gym, teach your class and have a fun and positive experience.  I'll even teach you how to handle a not so positive experience - let's face it, it happens to the best of us.  I've been teaching for a lot of years and had to learn some hard lessons, but I learned them well and now I'm going to teach them to you so you don't have to go through any unnecessary pain ;)

Stay posted for my launch date!

No comments:

Post a Comment